Microsoft OneNote provides various different ways you can access your notebook content. There are two desktop app options available: OneNote 2016 and OneNote for Windows 10 each with their own unique features and then there is the option to access your notebooks via OneNote Online.
OneNote Online gives you the flexibility to log in and access your content from any computer connected to the Internet. This is very useful when you are away from your computer or do not have access to your usual system. The ability to access OneNote online has saved me several times when working offsite.
Log in to OneNote Online
Firstly you can access OneNote online via the Office Portal.
- Go to the Office Portal at office.com
- Log in with your Microsoft 365 username and password
- The Office portal will be displayed
- From the list of applications, click OneNote
- Now choose an existing Notebook you wish to view
- The Notebook will now be displayed
Secondly, you can access OneNote online directly via the URL:
- Open a web browser
- Enter OneNote.com into the URL
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft.com website
- Click the Sign in button
- Enter your username and password
- You will now have access to your Notebooks
Install OneNote for Windows 10
Microsoft OneNote for Windows 10 comes preinstalled with any Windows 10 computer. You can also download it via the Microsoft Store.
OneNote for Windows 10 has a sleeker appearance and does not have the familiar ribbon at the top. The section tabs appear down the left-hand pane with pages displayed parallel to them.
Check out my article on how to tell which version of OneNote you have here.
Feel free to comment below with any questions.